Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fiat Qubo 1.3 16v Multijet Dynamic

Fiat Qubo 1.3 16v Fiat Qubo 1.3 16v Multijet Dynamic

DRIVING around in something that looks like Postman Pat's van might not be everyone's idea of fun.

When its colour is a luminescent metallic green rather than the anticipated Royal Mail red, then one might rightly imagine it would be even less appealing!

Despite my initial prejudices, I have to confess that I actually enjoyed my time at the wheel of the Fiat Qubo.

Yes, it might look rather odd, but it has just the right combination of practicality, and 'quirky' appeal to ensure it's a winner.

The first thing that impressed me was the magnificent visibility offered from the driver's seat, to the point where I felt a little like a coach driver with nothing but glass in front of, and around, me.

Vehicle cabins frequently get described as 'open and airy,' and the Qubo takes this to extremes with a feeling that is positively bus-like.

In essence it is one of the latest crop of budget MPVs that are more van-like than car-like - though it is based on the Fiat Grande Punto platform. Cheap and cheerful, they are designed to appeal to families who might love to have a big swanky SUV, but simply don't have the budget. Either that, or it serves as a second car that is functional first and foremost.

No comments:

Post a Comment